Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

base station sync light goes out when trying to sync, cannot sync camera after changing batteries

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

base station sync light stopped flashing when trying to sync camera after changing the batteries.  Rebooted base station and still won't stay on and sync camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I am reposting this response to you due to incorrect english.

No, It says 1-3 feet or it will flash amber which many people have this problem.  I have not  had this happen.  After many attempts to sync, I removed device, rebooted base station, and still didn't work.  I always wait at least 15 minutes, and this time I just opened the camera back to reset after a failure of syncing, I left the battery cover open for the 15-20 minutes.  I just tried it again and it worked!!  It is very frustrating to do this after changing the batteries.  Hopefully next time when I try it this way, it will work again.  Thank you for responding.  I appreciate it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

After reading in support about syncing, I guess the light stops blinking on the base station because camera did not sync. (after changing batteries).  Any suggestions?  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The sync light on the base unit does go out after a set time ( 30sec ? ) if a connection is not made.

Make sure the batteries are in good condition ( more than 70 % )

Try and quickly press the sync button on base and then while about <3ft away from base, hit the camera sync button.

If you see quick blue flash on camera, then it worked

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you, but every time I change the batteries, it won't sync.  Camera light flashes blue but the base times out.  I have the camera less than 1 foot away from base.  I even wait 15 minutes in between trying to sync.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@b_k wrote:

I have the camera less than 1 foot away from base.

Have you tried from further away (~ 6 feet)?

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

No, It says 1-3 feet or it will flash amber which many people have this problem.  I have not  had this happen.  After many attempts to sync, I removed device, rebooted base station, and still didn't work.  I always wait at least 15 minutes, and this time I didn't just open the camera back to reset after a failure of syncing, I left the battery cover open for the 15-20 minutes.  I just tried it again and it worked!!  It is very frustrating to do this after changing the batteries.  Hopefully next time when I try it this way, it will work again.  Thank you for responding.  I appreciate it.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I am reposting this response to you due to incorrect english.

No, It says 1-3 feet or it will flash amber which many people have this problem.  I have not  had this happen.  After many attempts to sync, I removed device, rebooted base station, and still didn't work.  I always wait at least 15 minutes, and this time I just opened the camera back to reset after a failure of syncing, I left the battery cover open for the 15-20 minutes.  I just tried it again and it worked!!  It is very frustrating to do this after changing the batteries.  Hopefully next time when I try it this way, it will work again.  Thank you for responding.  I appreciate it.