Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
joeOnBrooks
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo base station is online with internet indicator solid green. I am able to access it via i-phone app and via android app on Samsung Galaxy-4. However, when I try to access via IE or Chrome on my home computer, I get the message that the base station is offline. Any suggestions for correcting this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If its working with your ipad/android then the system is working...

Usu this problem tends to be the browser and extensions.  Firefox works well for me and I didn't see you tried it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
joeOnBrooks
Aspirant
Aspirant
I downloaded Firefox and that worked on a windows computer. IE (11) worked once I added arlo.com to trusted sites - one a zbox computer, but not on a new Dell laptop. Arlo still doesn't work with Chrome on any of my three Windows cokputers. I usually use Chrome or IE, haven't used Firefox recently, trying to minimize software on my systems.

My security software is BitDefender on two computers and Makafee on one. This could be the issue, but i havent found the settings that make things work. Does Netgear have a time line for communicating fixes for IE and Chrome for Windows users?

Half a Kudo for recommending Firefox.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No timeline from Netgear, because it may be more of a browser problem... with extensions ( like flash ) changing what seems like every other day lately it's causing problems...

I ( TMK ) haven't seen a problem that was related to antivirus programs mentioned here but there may have been one... usu it the ports, ip addresses, and firewalls giving the headaches.

Morse is faster than texting!
CatClaws
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just upgrade from Vuezone to Arlo and am experiencing the exact same problem.  I installed the cameras last night and they worked great on my Android App however when I try to view the cameras from Chrome, Internet Explorer, or (just downloaded) Firefox, I get an error that the base station is offline.  The base station is not offline, I can view the cameras just fine from my app.  My Vuezone cameras are still active and I am able to view those cameras just fine using my computer's Internet Explorer browser.  This is very frustrating and I hope Netgear is able to fix soon or I may return Arlo and stick with Vuezone until they can work out all the bugs.  I even reset the base station hoping that would help but it did not. 

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

CatClaws,

In addition to the troubleshooting that you have tried, let us see about doing the following:

1. Check your antivirus and/or firewall to see if it is blocking access to Arlo
  2. Ensure that port 80 and 443 are open.
  3. Clear the browser cache (process may vary on browser used)
  4. Ensure that the latest version of Adobe Flash Player is installed and/or enabled in your browser..
  5. The upload speed of your Internet connection should be at least 1Mbps
  6. Try accessing your Arlo account on a different network such as a work network if your system is setup at home
  7. When accessing the Arlo Mobile App, try to access while on Wi-Fi and then on your cellular data to see if there is any different behaviors.

In order to test and try to replicate what you are experiencing on my end, kindly provide the following information:

1. What is the browser and browser version that you are using? (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
  2. What Operating System are you using?
  3. Who is your Internet Service Provider?
  4. What is your Anti-Virus software?

I'm looking forward to your response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
joeOnBrooks
Aspirant
Aspirant
My problem was with the "trust" setting - I had to add the HTTPS://Arlington.com site to my trusted sites. I used the Internet Explorer settings (gear icon), internet options, security, trusted sites, sites, and added the Arlo url. You can find this under proxy settings under the advanced setting in Chrome, but I think you only need to change it once.
pmayer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing the same issue. I just got everything setup and configured and only my mobile android app and Firefox works. Chrome and IE (Edge) do not work. My base unit always shows offline.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pmayer,

Welcome to the community! If you clear the browser cache and log back in do you still encounter the issue? Please let us know so we can try to isolate the problem.

JamesC

dgm757
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this problem also.  The app works solidly, and connects right away.  The browser has problems when re-connecting.  On both IE and Chrome, my first visit went fine, then later visits say the base is offline.  Clearing the cache has no effect.  

The browser will  very occasionally find the connection again if I wait long enough. I can see the network traffic in the chrome developer tools, with a periodic post request to https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/devices/notify...    and then a get request to  https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/client/subscribe...    These are all returning status OK, but the system is reported offline. 

I really need this to work solidly in the browser.  I tried the steps in the responses to no effect. Any ideas why an initial connection will work, but the subsequent connections would have this problem?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dgm757,

Is the base station actually dropping offline when this occurs? What is the behavior of the internet LED on the base station?

JamesC