Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

base station not connected to internet

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Warlizzard
Tutor
Tutor

Hello. just recieved my arlo today with 3 cams. I am unable to create an account at https://arlo.netgear.com/#/gettingStarted/ - The site can't find my base station. The internet light is Orange and not green. I can see my netgear device in Wifi and in my zyxel admin panel (VMB3010). I am unable to portforward port 80??? Is this causing me any issues? I tried portforward and i recieve an error that some other crap is using that port (never opened any ports before).

Any suggestions, please!

12 REPLIES 12
Warlizzard
Tutor
Tutor

EDIT: I successfully open port 80 and 433. Still orange led light...

Warlizzard
Tutor
Tutor

Unboxed for 8 hours. Now it's back in it's box. Refund here we come!

After reading some horror stories on the foums that includes upload bandwidth requirements, i decided to take my Arlo crap to a friend with crazy internet speed. Same issue, NO FRIKIN GREEN LIGHT. If my issues came from crappy internet speed or that my friend was on crack (or maybe both), i have no idea. But we were unable to get this **bleep** to work.

Perhaps Arlo should mention this bandwitdh crap or all the other crap that is going on in the forums to their suppliers. You know, write them a letter or something.

Meh.. Who cares right? I'm gona get my cash back anyways. I might even hire an indian to watch over my house in a treehut, should be cheaper.

Good luck everyone, have a nice green light.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Warlizzard,

Welcome to the community! I apologize for the the frustration you've experienced getting your system up and running and would like to work with you. It sounds like you've isolated that bandwidth is not the issue. Consider performing a factory reset by holding down the sync button along with the red reset button on the back of the base station until all lights on the base station flash amber. If this does not work please send me a private message with your contact information and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

Thank you!

JamesC

Warlizzard
Tutor
Tutor

Tried that xxxxxxx amount of times. I can give you a list of what i have tried.

- Factory reset 5760 times.

- Browsing the forums.

- Pulling the ethernet cable in and out 17003 times (i got a HUGE pain in my forearm because i have to use brute force to get it out, thanks to the **bleep** iglo hat covering the clamp crap).

- Replacing the Ethernet cable because of the pain in my forearm.

- Three different modems and routers.

- Browsing the forums.

- Pulling my hair like a mad, possessed, hairless cow while screaming at the ORANGE led light.

- Endless amount of portforwarding including premium portforward support (got my money back from them as well^^)

- like 50 different computers (win7, win8, win 10).

- Removing or deactivating all software on my computer blocking port 80 (just in case right?).

- Browsing the forums.

- Disable/deleting firewalls.

- Disable security in routers.

- Browsing the forums.

- Restarting my computer.

- Restarting the router.

- Restarting the base station by klicking the black button in the back.

- Restarting the base station by pulling out the power cable with my teeth.

- Chewing of the power cord (don't worrie, i used ducktape).

- Looking thoughtless in to the wall, gasping for knowledge and wisdom.

- Went for some food and drinks and did all this all over for what... 6-7 hours? I don't know. It was daytime when i unboxed this crap. It's still daytime, but i'm not sure if it's the next day or not.

Anywho.. Thanks for the quick reply. That brings me some hope in the future. Wish u the best!

Still gona get a refund tho.

Bye

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Warlizzard,

Well, I think you covered all the troubleshooting steps and then some. If you change your mind, we can work toward validating the base station for RMA. Let me know if you would like to take that route and again I am truly very sorry for the experience you've had so far.

Regards,

JamesC

FRANK121
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problems! I have tried everything listed including a different router? I have a green light on the unit but the message says no internet connection? This unit was working for a few weeks until the cold weather arrived? New cables, new router, even left it un plugged over night and tried the reset/sync procedure ..... no luck!  Now I have these Camera's around my House with a base station that won't see them, what the heck? ..... I want it fixed or my money back! ..... Who do I contact directly for support, not this forum? Thanks!

arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide
Arlo/Netgear can we get some help with this issue?????
AntFi
Aspirant
Aspirant
same problem encountered here from Hong Kong.
Not working for past three days!
Arlo please check and resolve this gobal meltdown!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Over the weekend we experienced an outage that may have affected a small number of users. This was resolved a short time after the outage was discovered and we are investigating the root cause. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide
Mine has been out since around midnight Saturday night. Internet connection has been dead ever since.
TS67
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unbelievable I've just tried to set up and can't get a green light - I have a 200MB internet connection. I've restarted, unplugged, reset etc etc. HELP
arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide
Yeah. It's unreal. Thinking it might be a firmware issue with the ISP. I'm on TWC with a Motorola router. The connection was working without issue for at least 7 months. And then out of the blue gone.