Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
raffia
Aspirant
Aspirant

all 15 cameras have been working fine until today,  when i got  an error message

"base station disconnected error 1", all cameras have charged batteries, disconnected power to base station and reconnected,made no difference, the  power light and camera light are illuminated on base station but no 'internet" light at all.

router is fine all other devices function properly and have no issues with connecting to internet.Have pushed sync button makes no difference, tried another lan cable, no difference.Any one have any clues? Base station hardware VMB3010r2.

makes no difference using ipad,iphone or pc.

NBN is fine with no interruptions. Has Netgear done a firmware update that could have caused this?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Internet LED has 3 displays - off means no connection to the router, amber means connection to the router but not the servers and green means working fine.

SInce yours is off, there are 3 possibilities - bad base, bad router port or bad cable. However, sometimes it's the base-router connection that has just gone FUBARed. Try rebooting both the router and base, in that order. If still off, replace the cable and use a different router port. If still no good, open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

raffia
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi ,thanks for that, yes I forgot to mention that I had tried a different port on the router that I know is working with no effect also tried s different LAN cable that I know was working also with no change.

Given that the internet light is not illuminated I can probably assume that the base station has failed for whatever reason, what a pain , don’t know whether you can buy a base station separately.

Louis_ArloPM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi, sorry that you ran into this issue. You can buy the base station designed for Pro and Pro 2 separately, and it will work backwards with your VMB3000. You will also get the added benefit of a smart siren as well as a USB for storage enabled devices to store your recordings.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-pro/base-station.aspx#VMB4000-100NAS

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If still within the warranty period (1 year, depending on what country you're in), open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Matthias022
Aspirant
Aspirant
While I’m looking at the mobile application the station gives base error-1. After a while like two minutes later it loads up. There’s a major delay on looking at the video on the mobile application and the station disconnects while attempting to view the content video.. This is still a problem not resolved..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And what have you tried? What device and OS?

Matthias022
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have the VMB4000 | Arlo Base Station,
I have removed the application and reinstalled it again.. Have reboot the Arlo base station as well..
I have IPhone Max. Rebooted the phone..