Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jjatindranath
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had Arlo for a couple months now. Three cameras in all, two outside and one inside. The one in front of my house has suddenly stopped detecting motion. The indoor and backdoor cameras still detect motion and record. I've reset the base station already. Was wondering what else I should do.
6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you still live stream OK? Have you created a new custom recording mode and then rules for each camera within that new mode? What colour is the outline of the "running man" icon in the devices tab above the camera?

Jjatindranath
Aspirant
Aspirant
Live stream is fine. The man logo is the same as the other two, black outlined.
karisue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, same issue here.  I just was checking on my videos.  3 cameras; the last recordings I have for 2 of them was on July 5th and I know that there should have been multiple activity recorded on each of them.  Very concerning.  The 3rd camera is still recording motion just fine.

karisue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same results here as well.  No problem with live stream and logos.

karisue
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I just now went in front of both cameras that haven't recorded anything for several days to see if there would be a recording or not.  I came back to my account and there was the video recordings I would expect.  Not sure why then that 3 days are missing from my library.

Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

This has been an intermittent problem for me for several months and very concerning because I won't recognize anything is wrong until I walk past a camera and nothing happens. I tend not to walk past my cameras at 2 am to test them though.

"Live" works fine, all the camera batteries are fine and the mode is set properly. They just randomly stop working. It would be nice to have a fix for this or for Arlo (Netgear) to offer discounted upgrades if the problem is the machines themselves.