Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
kapdeb2000
Follower
Follower

arlo support worst i have ever encountered will never buy another arlo product posting all negative reviews all over social media arlo chat was a total waste of two hours arlo support phone icon not useable in app tryed to tell chat that and telling me to tap on icon  after two hours still no answers support not there pay top dollar for cameras and no support no thank you my cameras going back for refund and never buy arlo again

17 REPLIES 17
dcfox1
Master
Master

@kapdeb2000 wrote:

arlo chat was a total waste of two hours arlo support phone icon not useable in app tryed to tell chat that and telling me to tap on icon  

Do you have a subscription? If so clicking on the phone Icon in the App support settings shows a phone number. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @kapdeb2000

May I ask what the issue is you are experiencing along with previous trouble shooting steps you have tried?

Thank you

adazinh
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo is sending 2 notifications per event.... again. App is ussually good. Some updates break it for awhile. I have 9 cameras now. Some are newer, some are older. I have liked the arlo system. I want to like it. But on any given day at least 1 camera gets disconnected that requires a reboot. If you need a reliable always on camera system, this is probably not the way to go.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @adazinh

Do you have the latest version of OS installed on your phone as well as the latest of the Arlo mobile app?

gabeseibe
Initiate
Initiate

Truly, Arlo is garbage. The interface is garbage and product is garbage. My cameras die and go offline constantly. Customer support is chat only. The entire interface is set up to sell you more things. It's so annoying. If I hadn't blown money on these devices already, I wouldn't be wasting my time trying to figure out how to fix them. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @gabeseibe

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing? 

Thanks 

Bikebarn18
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree
Adamwg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same!!!
Multiple times of wasting two hours on support to fix a camera that goes offline. They even told me I needed to move my printer to the backside of my front door. Now that they are out of warranties they did not even try to troubleshoot. Just told me my cameras were defective and they would give me a 30% off to buy another garbage camera

bryceintexas
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no functional phone icon or number for Arlo on my I-phone.   I've talked to a rep and she tells me there is no phone support specifically dedicated for that purpose.  It's only chat as far as i know. 

What is troubling to me about the support by chat is that the reps don't accept what you tell them as valid.  They keep telling you to do something which you've already told them is not functioning on your computer.   A dedicated phone line for support would be the easiest way to resolve the frustration with support, but they don't provide that.   Oh, the word "sucks" is not an acceptable term according to the rep I talked to.  lol 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bryceintexas wrote:

There is no functional phone icon or number for Arlo on my I-phone.   I've talked to a rep and she tells me there is no phone support specifically dedicated for that purpose.  It's only chat as far as i know. 

Phone support is available through the app if you have a subscription.

iwishmystupidne
Guide
Guide

Unbelievable that there is zero support without a subscription. I still bought the damn product. Lots of BBB complaints about this. And soon one more coming!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @iwishmystupidne

May I ask what the issues are that you're experiencing? 

Thanks 

FreeCloud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you just reset my user name? It made me set up a new one before I could interact on the forums anymore. What happened?

Weeks ago I was looking to understand how the EOL policy will affect my use of the Pro and Pro2 cameras. But I'm done wasting time with this now. I sent in my complaint and request for a refund via snail mail.

LUser1526
Guide
Guide

yea... uggh, Arlo support totally sucks. The only way to contact a live person is through chat, and after navigating through their virtual bot I finally get someone, and after explaining the situation, they just say they need to "transfer me to customer service", and after waiting over half an hour with "1 person ahead of you", it gave me a "timed out" message and brought me back to the bot... UGGH. Then started the process all over again

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LUser1526 

Thanks for your feedback, I will definitely notify the appropriate team. May I ask what the issue is you are experiencing and I will try my best to assist you.

LUser1526
Guide
Guide

Thanks, but I just sucked it up and waited and finally got to talk to someone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LUser1526 

Thank you for the update, please let me know if you have any other questions.