Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JMS11
Tutor
Tutor

By adjusting the audio level, does that change the audio detection sensitivity level as well? I would like the speaker volume to work, but would like to turn the audio sensitvity down for detection way low to avoid unwanted alerts for noises.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQs as I suggested earlier? All details are in there.

Volume is set in Settings, My Devices, your camera, AUdio Settings.

Sensitivity is set in the Mode tab, selecting your base and editing your modes and setting the sensitivity in the audio section. Be sure to save changes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to edit or create modes. Read the FAQs here for full details. Basically, use the Mode tab, select your base, and edit the Armed mode or create your own custom modes. All settings are in there.

JMS11
Tutor
Tutor

I understand that you have to change each mode for each camera. But does adjusting the audio level change only the volume, or does it also change the audio detection levels? I would like to keep the audio levels up but decrease the audio detection levels.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Audio volume and sensitivity are separate functions that don't interact. Adjust each one separately as you desire.

JMS11
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. So is the Audio adjustment in the pencil controls for the camera the sensitivity and the volume is elsewhere? Where is the volume for loudness if the pencil control is sensitivity?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQs as I suggested earlier? All details are in there.

Volume is set in Settings, My Devices, your camera, AUdio Settings.

Sensitivity is set in the Mode tab, selecting your base and editing your modes and setting the sensitivity in the audio section. Be sure to save changes.

JMS11
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks! That worked.

It is hard to find the link for the FAQ