Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

adding my wife

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kking5853
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi my wife forgot her password and deleted her account.so we set up a new account and i sent her a friend request.she accepted it .shows accepted but when she logs into her account she has no devices showing? can you help out with the best solution. i have tried adding and deleting her account but nothing works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely that you need to coordinate the app and interface versions. Make sure both are using the same version app as well as the  new interface (a new account automatically gets the new one). To force yours into the new interface, use Add Device and select either the Pro 5 or security system (you don't actually need either one - just lie). That will trigger the migration to the new interface. Once that's done, cancel the install.

For your wife, she should now be able to select from two Home selections at the top of her screen. One is what was set up when she created the account and the other is yours. I renamed my wife's Home to "Home - DON'T USE THIS" to help keep things straight. WHen she uses your Home, she should see your cameras.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely that you need to coordinate the app and interface versions. Make sure both are using the same version app as well as the  new interface (a new account automatically gets the new one). To force yours into the new interface, use Add Device and select either the Pro 5 or security system (you don't actually need either one - just lie). That will trigger the migration to the new interface. Once that's done, cancel the install.

For your wife, she should now be able to select from two Home selections at the top of her screen. One is what was set up when she created the account and the other is yours. I renamed my wife's Home to "Home - DON'T USE THIS" to help keep things straight. WHen she uses your Home, she should see your cameras.

kking5853
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok have not heard back from her yet .can the home that was setup when the account was started be deleted so there is no confusion?or just leave it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, her Home can't be deleted - there's a default one for each account. The best you can do is rename it (or yours).

kking5853
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry do you mean rename her home or the one you changed it to?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I simply meant renaming someone's Home, either hers or yours. The point is to make it easier to determine which one to use rather than to have to choose between Home and Home.

kking5853
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok got it .I'll get back to you once i hear from her that it is working.thanks again for all the help.