Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet....

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
danoradi
Follower
Follower

I have the most popular model, VMB3000, with one camera connected.  Arlo has worked great until now.  I cannot acess my camera via laptop OR iPhone.  It tells me, "Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection."  I HAVE a great connection.  Both wifi AND hardwire (ethernet) are working great with all other devices.  I have toyed with taking the batteries out, unplugging (power cycling), everything.  The batteries were replaced 2 weeks ago and worked great last week.  The Arlo base station is conected to my router via ethernet.  So is my PS3 (which is working fine.  Any clues?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes trying a different browser makes the difference ( providing the first  3 leds on the base are on green)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

danoradi,

Did trying a different browser help? Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

JamesC

flargaes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am getting a message for the last week that my cameras (4) are not connected. I have internet and all is working well with my other divices.

Can some please give me some advice on how to fix the issue?

Thank-you

Felix

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

flargaes wrote:

Hello,

I am getting a message for the last week that my cameras (4) are not connected. I have internet and all is working well with my other divices.

Can some please give me some advice on how to fix the issue?

Thank-you

Felix

If the system is working well with the other devices, then it's the one in use casuing the problem.. ( OS and type/model device? )

Easiest thing to do if android or IOS is to go into settings, force a stop and clear the cache... then restart the app.

If you mean your internet is working but the cameras aren't, then do a re-boot of the base via the power button, then you MAY have to resync the cameras again if disconnected for a while....also check the batteries.

Morse is faster than texting!
flargaes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all possible scenarios to fix the issue I had my cameras for thelast year ½ and they stop working about a week ago.

There is only two green lights on at the base the power and internet, when I tried to zinc the cameras nothing happens no more lights are turning on and no connection.

I changed all the batteries that are not cheap, removed the router from the app and reinstalled tried to connect zinc the cameras one more time and nothing happens, same issue.

Can I connect the cameras directly to the xfinity router ?

Felix

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the cameras must connect to the base.  Since you reset the base (using only the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber, right?), you should also remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device on the Cameras tab to start fresh.  Once the base is set up, sync the cameras.

It's also possible that the base is bad in which case you need to contact support using the Support link above.