Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Yet another bug with this product (library filters)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

I see Netgear has attempted to release some new features while breaking existing ones...yet again.  My library / filter isn't working as expected.  If I filter on a specific camera NOTHING is shown for that camera.  But, if I remove the filter so all cameras are displayed...surprise, there are recordings for the camera I just attempted to filter out.

I see Netgear has added "People" and "Other" filter options in the Library and undoutbedly broken existing, legacy features of their beta security product.  Which, personally, I've begun calling the "Windows 95 of Security Cameras". 

Regards,
The Wraith
2 REPLIES 2
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, I noticed this today. Then when I went to reply here, they had done something to the Forums, and I wound up having to reset my password.. because reasons.

Honestly if one thing is working (Geofencing) something else is broken (last time Modes on the app, now library filters).

They can't just leave things well enough alone when they work, they do some asinine update that breaks something. Even if it was all working properly at that point in time.

More work on this than... anything I have purchased in years.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The_Wraith,

What client are you using that is behaving this way? I haven't been able to replicate any issues with the library filter. Are you still experiencing this same behavior?

JamesC