Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

X10 R9000 PREVENTS MY ARLO BASE (VMB4000) FROM CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LEDZEP1025
Follower
Follower

The issue began a few months back where my arlo base station became disconnected to the internet. No cables were unplugged and nothing was moved. I believe that the issue arose when i updated the firmware on my Nighthawk R9000 router. I can connect my base station to the internet if it is connected directly to my modem. However, the modem that was provided included only a single ethernet port. Any solutions to my issue? i just dont know why two netgear products would not play well with eachother.

(Don't understand the whole point of needing a label for a post either, sorry if this makes things confusing in any way.)

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
ohiocamguy
Star
Star

The Nighthawk X10 wireless access point has a number of security features built into it.  Its possible after the new firmware was installed that a new or updated security feature is now interferring with the Arlo wireless access point (aka base station).   This seems especially possible based on the testing your performed.  I wrote more here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Troubleshooting-tip-can-t-sync-camera-could-be-WiFi-containmen...