Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wrong recording time

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

I have all my cameras set for 15 seconds recording time, yet they all record for 19 seconds. Any one know how to correct this? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There is a post floating around on this topic.  Apparently Netgear has admitted that there is a bug in the latest update that adds 4 seconds to all videos.  This is the least problem of the recent bug filled update..

fire-security
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also appears to be a  worsening of the motion detection bug , start record latency bug since that software update as well. Could be just me but I fiddled so much with positioning to take advantage of the camera strength and reduce the impact of its weaknesses and it seems like now I'm back to the drawing board. If you can't fix the product I won't be recommending it at all and naturally I would have to recommend people stay. Well away from the product all together. I want to like this product so that says allot really lol

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback on this issue. Based on your input, we discovered that our software has been incorrectly adding a few extra seconds to the record time. We hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience.

Thank you!

JamesC

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC wrote:

Thank you for the feedback on this issue. Based on your input, we discovered that our software has been incorrectly adding a few extra seconds to the record time. We hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience.

Thank you!

JamesC

How about two minutes extended recordings?

Right after the latest base station firmware upgrade (1.8.1_9169), my cameras are triggering extensive recordings of up to two minutes each even when the set recording time within the respective rules is 15 secs. This has become a real nagging issue especially with consideration to quick battery discharge.

I contacted tech support about this but all they suggest for me was to try the camera removal, and resetting, which did not help. Am I the only one affected by this? I thought it was one faulty camera but now three of my cameras are doing it. Other strange thing is that this will happen even with the camera turned "off"!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Paul_FCCL,

I have not had any recordings with an excessive variance as you are describing. Please provide the case number you have open with support on this issue and I will further investigate.

JamesC