Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Worked fine until new router was installed

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lashazior
Aspirant
Aspirant

So we purchased the Arlo system about a month ago, set it up fine with the router. It worked on multiple apps and nothing else was a problem. Fast forward to today where we purchased a new Netgear ac1750 and it is not working. The lights on the base system light up green for power, internet, and the camera system. The issue is the email address is not being recognized any longer in the system but it was fine before the new router. The ports 443 and 80 are forwarded already for the IP address of the base station and it is outside of DMZ (if that even matters). I want to know why a new router would cause the email address to not be recognized anymore. It does not make sense considering it was working fine before and the only change was the new router. We will probably try to do a factory reset and make a new account but that is a pain in the ass because the cameras were mounted outside in high places already. I want a true answer as to what the issue is regarding my email from disappearing from the system and not "troubleshooting" tips that other threads have shown up. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the DMZ, there should be no issue with the ports being blocked. Behind the firewall, ports 80 (http), 443 (https) and 123 (ntp) need to be open (ntp seems to be only sometimes needed).  However, why the new router causes the email address issue is bizarre. Can you quickly swap in the old router to verify operation?  Maybe something else is going on.

Also, does a mobile device NOT on WiFi still work properly?

Lashazior
Aspirant
Aspirant

[False Alarm]

Well I set this up with my parents because they wanted surveilance camera work. Turns out they changed the email address and didn't tell the other which made me wonder why it was not working. Communications error everything is working fine. Guess this is what happens when you hand technology to people that don't understand it from all angles then again maybe I should have thought about that possibility.

Thanks for the response though.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

DOH!  😄