Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ATCmdr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Using VMB3000 netgear and Arlo cameras. Cameras work, detect motion, can live stream, but my Library is totally empty and if I make a new recording (manually), it is STILL empty. I checked prior community discussions on this and tried some of the "solutions" but none worked. Is this an Arlo/Netgear firmware update issue that'll be fixed if I just wait patiently? It started failing to record yesterday. and that's when I noticed my library was empty, How do I fix this? Thx in advance. - aTC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ATCmdr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip, but I didn't need it.
Problem SOLVED!   Although I have no Earthly idea how. 
I did just about everything possible that I gleaned from the forums and NOTHING worked.  I was getting pretty frustrated and ready to replace the whole system.  But when I woke up this morning and looked over my cameras, everything was working fine.  AARGH!!!  Not only that, but all the recordings that happened when I couldn't see my library were now safely recorded in my library!   Oh good grief!  How incomprehensible!  How aggravating!  What the heck happened and how did it self-resolve?   I'm just going to assume that there was something wrong at the Skynet Arlo Big Brother Home Office in the Cloud and they eventually got it sorted out... in which case, I shouldn't have bothered doing anything affirmative... I should have just waited patiently for several days and let them to sort it out.  But how would I know that?  Someone at Skynet Arlo Big Brother needs to do a FAQ on this and explain why we lose libraries and that all is well... just be patient and they'll fix it after a few days.  That would save a lot of time and frustration.  It'd help prevent customers from getting angry at Arlo, too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ztira_1
Guide
Guide
ATCmdr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip, but I didn't need it.
Problem SOLVED!   Although I have no Earthly idea how. 
I did just about everything possible that I gleaned from the forums and NOTHING worked.  I was getting pretty frustrated and ready to replace the whole system.  But when I woke up this morning and looked over my cameras, everything was working fine.  AARGH!!!  Not only that, but all the recordings that happened when I couldn't see my library were now safely recorded in my library!   Oh good grief!  How incomprehensible!  How aggravating!  What the heck happened and how did it self-resolve?   I'm just going to assume that there was something wrong at the Skynet Arlo Big Brother Home Office in the Cloud and they eventually got it sorted out... in which case, I shouldn't have bothered doing anything affirmative... I should have just waited patiently for several days and let them to sort it out.  But how would I know that?  Someone at Skynet Arlo Big Brother needs to do a FAQ on this and explain why we lose libraries and that all is well... just be patient and they'll fix it after a few days.  That would save a lot of time and frustration.  It'd help prevent customers from getting angry at Arlo, too.