Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless Outdoor Security Camera System Questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LSteele
Follower
Follower

I am considering the Arlo Wireless Outdoor Camera System and have a few questions.

How far can the camera be from the base station (probably using the incorrect terms)?

What is the life of the batteries?

Does the camera system store the recorded video and if so what length of video will he store and for how log?

How many camera's can the system handle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The base station creates it own wifi network to connect to the cameras only... where cameras can be placed depends on how much house/walls/etc the signal must go thru... clear line of site 300', real world fiq 50' in a normal stick home , Ive tested to 100ft ( one wall ) . YMMV

All depends on usage... more use , less time. Spec use is 5 min a day of record or viewing ( may not sound like alot, but I get about 5+ recordings a day and my time is 10-20 sec each )... My batteries ( best quality ) go almost 4 months on Arlo, 3+ months on Pro.

The video is stored in the cloud ( except on the PRO BASE, you have an option to include a USB drive backup ).. Basic level is rolling storage for 7 days ( on day 8, day 1 is autodeleted .. day 9, day 2 deleted )

If you upgrade to a paid level, it is for 30 or 60 days

Basic ( free ) is 5, paid levels are 10, then 15 ( 15 being max number per base unit for home )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The base station creates it own wifi network to connect to the cameras only... where cameras can be placed depends on how much house/walls/etc the signal must go thru... clear line of site 300', real world fiq 50' in a normal stick home , Ive tested to 100ft ( one wall ) . YMMV

All depends on usage... more use , less time. Spec use is 5 min a day of record or viewing ( may not sound like alot, but I get about 5+ recordings a day and my time is 10-20 sec each )... My batteries ( best quality ) go almost 4 months on Arlo, 3+ months on Pro.

The video is stored in the cloud ( except on the PRO BASE, you have an option to include a USB drive backup ).. Basic level is rolling storage for 7 days ( on day 8, day 1 is autodeleted .. day 9, day 2 deleted )

If you upgrade to a paid level, it is for 30 or 60 days

Basic ( free ) is 5, paid levels are 10, then 15 ( 15 being max number per base unit for home )

Morse is faster than texting!