Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will my new Arlo system work with a Verizon hotspot as I have no router at my cabin?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Steve55340
Follower
Follower

I have a new Arlo system VMS3330.  The system is for my cabin, where I have no router, only my Verizon hotspot.

I saw a Netgear docking cradle station that holds a hotspot....DC113A.  Is there an option like this that would allow me to run my Arlo off a Verizon hotspot somehow?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't speak for that specific cradle but if the hotspot has an Ethernet port, it should work.  If it doesn't have a port, use of a WiFi extender with a port should be sufficient.  In either case, your upload speed should average >1Mbs as tested by speedtest.net.

You may be interested in the new Arlo Go cameras which don't require a base and use ATT cell service (Verizon is said to be coming soon).  In addition, the Q cameras, which are rated only for indoors, simply use your WiFi so no need for a base.

Of course, your data plan could be an issue, depending on how much recording and live view you use. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can run an Arlo base from a hotspot if the unit has an etherent port.

Just remember that viewing and recording use aprox 1Mb of data thruput for each 10sec clip ( best video ) so if used properly , you can keep the total data amount down if needed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------