Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will base station connect to a tv or monitor? Does it have real-time output?

Discussion stats
rjnetworkedllc
Initiate
Initiate

Have a need to have a real-time connection to the cameras in the house.  Want to connect it to a TV input or a monitor, does the system have a video out?  If so what format - rca/vga/hdmi?

30 REPLIES 30
blucatz
Tutor
Tutor

Nice to know that if the internet is down this system is useless.  Time to trade my system of for a more reliable system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

blucatz,

The Arlo Wire-free system and Arlo Q need to connect to the Arlo servers to work and save recordings to the cloud.

You might consider looking into the Arlo Q Plus as it does have an SD card backup option which allows recordings to be saved to the SD card if the internet connection is lost. For more information on the Arlo Q Plus, see here: Introducing the Arlo Q Plus™ Security

JamesC

tomliver57
Tutor
Tutor
Can I connect the base station to the tV in my living room with a lead
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope.  The best you can do is to use a Smart TV with a browser.  It won't work completely since the site requires Flash but you can view the library, change settings, etc. since many of the items, except for live view and CVR (if you have that option with a Q camera), are not video.

kstegall
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have a need to have a real-time connection to the cameras in the house.  Want to connect it to a TV input or a monitor, does the system have a video out?  If so what format - rca/vga/hdmi?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope. You have to use the app or a browser to see the stream. The stream goes from the cameras to the base to the servers. When you view it, the stream is actually coming from the server.