Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Boss-one
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why wont my camera's record when they are suppose to be armed by the schedule?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Gray means disarmed. If you set the schedule via the app, you may have problems - try a browser instead.

Boss-one
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've had the same schedule for over a year now and just now it's been messing up. I took two cameras down and resynced them to see if it fixes the problem
Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had the same issue the past 5 days, seemed like the system went to sleep when in scheduled mode. the only thing that worked correctly was to force armed mode manually. If you are accessing from an android phone, uninstall the app and reconfigure-set things to scheduled on your pc browser, test and re-test then re-install the android app. that worked for me. let us know

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The reinstall likely won't help. Right now I use the browser for all modes, rules and schedule changes.

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

As do I, use the product the same way as you. I have two seperate accounts (one for the PC and one for the android phone) for me I gave both accounts admin rights the android app got funky and was "putting my cameras to sleep" even though the motion icon was illuminated. Something fell out of synchronization, doing an uninstall from my phone and flipping between modes (ultimately going back to scheduled) resolved my issues. Either that or netgear made changes on the backend and hasn't informed us, there was also a recent firmware update to the base which adds new features, it came down upon restart of the base stations.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC