Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why does motion only record for 9 seconds?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LisaN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I'm just wondering why motion triggered recordings are only 9 seconds and then it stops. Is there any way to change this? I'm missing critical footage because of this.

If I record manually will it continue to record all day or all night? Or is there a time limit on that?

I'd rather mostly rely on the motion detection but I need it to record longer once motion is detected and also, it doesn't seem to trigger every time. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQ here that specifically addresses this issue? Settings like this are in your modes and rules. 10 seconds is the default but can be changed to up to 120 seconds. The sensitivity control is also in your rules to increase the chances of catching the action.

Recording manually will time out at ~30 minutes since these are battery-operated cameras.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQ here that specifically addresses this issue? Settings like this are in your modes and rules. 10 seconds is the default but can be changed to up to 120 seconds. The sensitivity control is also in your rules to increase the chances of catching the action.

Recording manually will time out at ~30 minutes since these are battery-operated cameras.

LisaN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thanks. No I'm not sure where to find the FAQ on this specific issue but I'll look around some more. Even if I don't find it I should be able to figure it out based on your answer.

I figured the sensitivity would help but the problem is that its already sensitive enough to capture almost every car that passes by (which is a lot) but doesn't always catch people walking up the driveway.

Maybe if I tilt the camera down more and up the sensitivity it will help and then I can use another camera for the street as I would like to capture both ideally but capturing activity on the property itself is more important.

Anyway, it's good to know I can extend the length of the motion activated recording. Thanks for your helpful response.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Click on Support at the top of these pages. Choose your camera. Check the various FAQs. Alternatively, type in a search term on the first support page and then select Support Articles near the top on the left.