Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why do my cameras motion sensors sat busy?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gb14
Tutor
Tutor
Good morning
I installed our cameras only last Saturday but from yesterday they started saying busy & not recording
I had adjusted the motion sensitivity & put on schedule but now they won’t record. Any tips? I tried re setting bad station & after the third go they cane back to life for the day then went off again!
5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you in the device settings menu or the devices tab when you see them as busy?

Gb14
Tutor
Tutor
I am on the devices page. One minute it shows the motion detector as black but it isn’t recording. Then I tap live & it says busy
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Strange. Even if motion is detected and the running man icon goes orange, you can click Live View and it will interrupt recording. What's your upload speed? And I guess may as well chuck in your download and ping too.

I'd look to remove all of your cameras and base station; factory reset the base by holding the reset button in with a paper clip etc til the green power LED goes amber; wait for the base to come back online with green power and internet LEDs, open the app and add the base, then resync all of your cameras after power cycling them. Then you'll have to re-create any custom modes you've made. It's a pain in the A, but probably the best chance of getting things working properly

Gb14
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you I will try that

I have excellent broadband speed and it was all working fine for the first few days.  I had taken off one of the cameras and re added it, turned the base on and off but it is now intermittent.  Better during the daybut at night it has no recording

my car was vandalised at night hence why i need it to record then

it did have an orange man a few days ago but now it says black but then when i press live, it goes straight to usy then wont rervert back?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Note that if you're using live view, recording is overridden. You would need to record manually while live viewing. This is normal behavior.