Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Just curious to see how many people still have and use it.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
BHägg
Tutor
Tutor

I have two of the originals from 2015 - purchased and used since ~Feb 2016.  In general they've worked consistently well although I am on this site trying to find out what misery of updates have caused them to start dropping off the network as of last week.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Hi Ant...

still running 2 Arlo hd  cams on a 4000 base...have no issues with them.

( with rechargeable cells )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I still have a VMB3010 running from years ago with a mix of cameras attached. No problems here.

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 5 cams and original base station.  Purchased when pretty much first on offer.

Ran well for first two years . . . pretty much problem free.

Then periodic issues (many of which are documented here . . . including comments/concerns from myself) and really never got back to that secure confidence that I had early on i.e. no surprise if any given day some issue with base offline, cameras not connecting, yet 'another' camera going red hued . . . .

That said, of late - and that measured across a few months at most, its been good.

Would I buy again?  Never.  I expect reliability first and formost and this system has been anything but.  But I have the better part of $1K CDN in this and can't afford anything else at the moment.  So I make do with the understanding that the system might fail when I need it most.  So while not real time, I supplement coverage with trail cams.

nivek60
Tutor
Tutor
I was using it, until Arlo deleted my account!
dcfox1
Master
Master

@nivek60 wrote:
I was using it, until Arlo deleted my account!

Why and when did they delete your account? 

nivek60
Tutor
Tutor

I'm confused about this now. I tried to log into my account, then retrieve my password and it said there was no such an account, couldn't log into the community either. I assumed that they deleted my account because I hadn't set up the 2FA. So I created a new community account. Then tried to create new Arlo account and it said that an account already existed for me email address!

Maybe I am confusing Arlo and the Arlo Community...

nivek60
Tutor
Tutor

Just created a new password and logged into my account that supposedly already existed and there's nothing there - no base station, no cameras, no recordings.

nivek60
Tutor
Tutor

I have resolved this - I had multiple accounts. Two for arlo.netgear.com and one for 
my.netgear.com which uses the same email address as one of the arlo.netgear.com accounts!