Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Who has access to my videos....

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sketchmx
Follower
Follower

Hi, I have been searching the community for up to date info on video security but not finding much. I have a couple of Pro cameras set up in the house to monitor garage etc and i haven't been too bothered with the way the video is stored in the cloud till now. 

We have since bought the baby monitor and it got me thinking, the monitor is going to be in my house probably in bedrooms etc. and is much more likely to accidentally record me (or my family) stumbling around naked in the night looking for a dressing gown etc. 

How securely is the video stored and who at Netgear /  Arlo / Amazon has access to my video?

I understand it's stored in AWS and secured via encryption during transit but can't find reference to storage,

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not really spec'ed as to who ( if any ) people can "look" at your videos... In honest, I would imagine that if the NSA wanted your info they would some how get it but I don't really worry anyone else... just like emails, pics, and texts

Comes down to basics, I don't arm a cam in the bedroom , except when not home .... otherwise it usu faces the wall.( nice thing about wireless, it's easily moved )  You can turn off a cam ( primary acount holder only ) in settings for privacy even if shared.  So to me it comes down to using a strong PW.

best answer i think you'll get ... good luck

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Only people who have both the login name and password for your account can access your Arlo videos.

For more information on how videos are stored and secured, take a look here: How does NETGEAR keep my Arlo videos private and secure in the cloud?

JamesC