Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where is the Arlo Camera model?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Glennwilly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where can I find the model of camera that I have?  I clicked on Settings, then on Device Info.  It does not tell me what type of camera I have.  Should it really be this hard to find the info?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One way is to open the case and look for the part number label (often behind the battery).  That will start with a VM.

Glennwilly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apparently, that is the only way.  It seems pretty stupid that I must climb a ladder and look into the camera itself.  Arlo provides a tab called "Device Info" that provides a bunch of technical info but NOT the model. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Glennwilly wrote:

Apparently, that is the only way.  It seems pretty stupid that I must climb a ladder and look into the camera itself.  Arlo provides a tab called "Device Info" that provides a bunch of technical info but NOT the model. 

I agree that is pretty stupid.

We could provide a bit more info if you had some idea when you purchased - and also whether you need a subscription for cloud storage or not.  It is pretty easy to distinguish the original Arlo cameras (as they need 4 CR123 batteries).  And the bezel of the Pro and Pro 2 are different, so if you can see the camera face we can help there.

But it's harder to distinguish the Pro 3, Pro 4, and Ultra models from the outward appearance.

One tip is to put the model into the camera name.