Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dmeyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have four cameras, three near the front door, one in back, and a Ring doorbell in front. Whenever the doorbell is rung the three front cameras are knocked offline but the one in back is fine. We have a wifi base station within 12 feet of the cameras in front. Any suggestions are appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you say "WiFi base station" do you mean the Arlo base or the router? I'm not familiar with Ring but what happens when the doorbell is pressed for the Ring app and hardware? It sounds like WiFi interference near the base (the doorbell?). You could try moving the base further away from the router or any Ring devices.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you say "WiFi base station" do you mean the Arlo base or the router? I'm not familiar with Ring but what happens when the doorbell is pressed for the Ring app and hardware? It sounds like WiFi interference near the base (the doorbell?). You could try moving the base further away from the router or any Ring devices.

Dmeyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I meant router, not base station.  The Arlo base is in an adjacent room and can't be moved closer to the cameras.  Would putting the Ring on a different wifi network help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the Ring connect directly to the router? If so, I wouldn't think that's the problem. Can the Ring use the 5GHz band? That would be a useful troubleshooting step if so. What do you mean by a different WiFi network?

Dmeyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firstly, thank you for your help!  The Ring is connected to a 5GHz router now.  I've got to get home and do some digging into the network stuff.  I THINK the Arlo base is Cat 5 connected to the Frontier cable box.  I'll know more Monday!

Dmeyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed the Ring doorbell to an unused wifi network router we have and so far so good.  Keeping fingers crossed but it makes sense since the three cameras that get knocked off are within 15 feet of the doorbell and the camera in the back of the house 30' plus away stays online.  

Again, thanks very much for your help and I'll update if any changes or if no changes!