Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thrifty
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I login to view a recorded video on the web app one of my 8 Arlo wireless (not pro) cameras will start recording.  It's pretty reliable that one will trigger once I view a recorded video so curious if anyone else had this happen or know what is causing it?  I have no rules setup to trigger other cameras.  It's not the same camera as I though maybe a bug or spider web but nothing consistant. Anyone else experience this?

3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

i would think viewing a vid in your library could in no way trigger a recording unless somehow your web page on computer/phone is sending a manual record signal.  The recording then made, is it marked "manual"?

Thrifty
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I just log in and go to my library to view recorded vids.  It's one thing if it wasn't that often but I can recreate it pretty much each time I check my vids.  Maybe something with my browswer (Chrome).  Just checking if anyone else had the issue before going to support. Thanks for the reply!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thrifty,

Consider a base station reboot (using the on-off button), allow the base station to come back online and test again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC