Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What to do with my 1st Gen Alro Base Station since I got the new Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bondservant
Tutor
Tutor

OK, so I got the new Arlo Pro (w/ the new base station) and of course setup all of my old Arlos with the new base station.  Is there anything to do with the old base station, other than throw it in the trash (or recycle somehow)?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Save the old base station....

1) It is the only REAL way to expand the coverage area of Arlo... you can run two bases ( no base limit ) on any account

(think of each base as a circle of coverage...second base, overlap the two circles, sync cams to the closest base)

2) you can use it in a another location under the same account limited only by your servcice level in number of cameras... Like mom's home if elderly, or a vaction home, etc

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Save the old base station....

1) It is the only REAL way to expand the coverage area of Arlo... you can run two bases ( no base limit ) on any account

(think of each base as a circle of coverage...second base, overlap the two circles, sync cams to the closest base)

2) you can use it in a another location under the same account limited only by your servcice level in number of cameras... Like mom's home if elderly, or a vaction home, etc

Morse is faster than texting!
bondservant
Tutor
Tutor

Things I didn't even consider - I am glad that I asked! Thanks! 🙂