Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What might have happened to my connectivity?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MarkN2016
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry if this is a problem that has been discussed to death, but I didn't even know what to search for.  I just bought the system at Costco the day before yesterday.  It is in a vacation home.  

Everything connected just fine and it worked great for the day and a half I had it.  Today, I headed for home, and ever since I left, it has showed "offline" and not connected.  My internet and power are both fine, as I have another brand camera that is still working just fine.  

The Arlo system however has remained offline all day long.  I'm guessing it will have to stay that way until I return to the home in a week or 2?  If this kind of issue is frequent, I guess it's going back to Costco.  

The cameras and the base station are seperated by about 15 ft. and one wall,

Any ideas?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try to regain control by using Settings, My Devices, your base station and use the Restart button at the bottom.  Otherwise, yeah, you'll have to have a physical presence.  If that's the case, power cycle the base and open and close battery doors.  Make sure the batteries are fresh (weak batteries will cause the cameras to have the amber LED flash slowly but dead ones are dead).  Worst case, you may need to resync the cameras.

BTW, try both the app and a browser since sometimes it's an issue with one interface.