Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What is H6, H7, H8 device info?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dpalmans
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo system fro several years. I have 3 Arlo camera and one Arlo Pro.

The 3 Arlo have device info H7.  The Arlo Pro's device info is H8.

Now I just bought an Arlo Pro 2 and its device info is H6.

How is this possible? Does that mean that this Arlo Pro 2 is older than the other cameras I have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi dpalmans,

As jguerdat mentions above, the hardware revision represents minor, non-performance enhancing changes to the hardware design over time. Again as jguerdat has already mentioned, often times the reason for this is limited supply of a component and that component being replaced with a new version. Hardware revisions are simply the natural evolution of the hardware design and do not add or remove existing features.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The supply line always has a lag and some paths may well be slower than others. The differences seem simply to be a revised design, perhaps due to lack of older components or the introduction of newer ones with different capabilities/requirements.

dpalmans
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you, but it's still not clear to me.

First, do each model of camera has its own sequence of H1,H2,H3,H4,etc...?  So this would simply be a hardware  revision number.

Second, if the line above is true, I see people mentioning their existing Arlo Pro 2 with device ID H11, mine that I JUST bought has only H6.  

Does this mean I git an old one then?

Also according to others it looks like this device ID increments are not just for a slight change of one minor component (I was in the PC business, and that's what a rev# of a motherboard represent: just a very very minor mod that does not add any new feature or fix anything)  BUT it seems to also improve the functioning of the camera like decreasing the lag time in recording, etc...

If this is true, it is outrageous!  That one can buy a camera and if not lucky one gets an old one with bug or missing feature. 

Can Arlo officially explain the difference rev#?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi dpalmans,

As jguerdat mentions above, the hardware revision represents minor, non-performance enhancing changes to the hardware design over time. Again as jguerdat has already mentioned, often times the reason for this is limited supply of a component and that component being replaced with a new version. Hardware revisions are simply the natural evolution of the hardware design and do not add or remove existing features.