Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Cliffsomerset
Guide
Guide

Yesterday, while using the iMac base staion login, I saw this Flashing red Video Icon and it looked like the video was straming. But it was day time and I had the schedue set so the motion detection and recording would be off. Yet I was still filling up the library.  I did click on the arrow, but I though I was just checking what I was seeing outside. Any suggestions of help with this? This was still in the daytime and my schedule was set to all Motion off. I also received a freeze motionon the video taken or streamed. It stopped on a frame and I had a lot of Green pixilation too!

Regarding the the Camera or Photo symbol icon, What does that do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On, yeah, the camera/photo icon is to take a still image.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Perhaps you inadvertently hit the record button while viewing live video or it's just the live video itself not having been turned off?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On, yeah, the camera/photo icon is to take a still image.

scparks
Tutor
Tutor

There is a camera icon below, which is the take a still photo.  But the red flashing icon at the top of the frame...that is what I want to know and understand. I have just installed the system...all indoors at this point which is my need.  The User Guide was thorough on set up but not some of the operating details, such as the red flashing camera at the top.  Not sure why it flashes sometimes on some cameras.   It has not done it enough to establish a pattern and I cannot find the answer!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

scparks wrote:

There is a camera icon below, which is the take a still photo.  But the red flashing icon at the top of the frame...that is what I want to know and understand. I have just installed the system...all indoors at this point which is my need.  The User Guide was thorough on set up but not some of the operating details, such as the red flashing camera at the top.  Not sure why it flashes sometimes on some cameras.   It has not done it enough to establish a pattern and I cannot find the answer!

The red flashing icon is the indicator that you are recording.... You must have hit the 'round' record button or there's a glitch in the s/w. The bottom buttons appear AFTER you start to live strem.

( the round record button use to turn red in the center, but an update to the sw changed this)

Easy test.... go to camera views, click the round button at bottom AFTER you start a live stream ( hit  triangle in center of static pictue ).

Once rcording starts, the icon will flash red at the top of frame. Click the pause button to stop ( double bars )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
VanessaM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay I've read through everyone's comments and no one answered the first question. What does it mean when there is a 'red video camera flashing'?
I'm well aware that the round red one is record. However, I'm with Cliff, I want to know what the "Red video Camera/video camera" means.
It looks more like a red flashing video camera to me then a camera.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The RED flashing video camera symbol means you are recording from a live view screen. ( occurs after pushing the round record button )

If motion active recording is occuring, the GREEN running man will turn RED

VanessaM
Aspirant
Aspirant
I went & looked fir these recordings. I couldn't find them. Where my normal recorded stuff is. I feel like all my setting are not correct. I'm not seeing directions about the settings. This is my first time to have a video home security. Therefore, I'm lost on the settings and also I cannot find directions on the settings.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

All recordings will be in the "Library" under the calendar date

KLG
Tutor
Tutor

I'm new to the system, but when I'm in "all motion on" mode and the camera senses motion and begins to record, I get a red running man and red flashing video icon next to it, then the running man turns green after the 10 second (current setting) record cycle.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes it does both... red running man and vid cam icon red.

As a side-bar, if you have motion active and the running man is green, then you manually start a recording ( from live view ) the man will turn gray during record and then return to green when you stop the recording