Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What causes video after video after video (every couple minutes or so) with NOTHING on them?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MarkN2016
Apprentice
Apprentice
Today, I get a string of alerts. Every couple minutes. The camera is about 8 feet off the ground, under my house eves. It points down at about a 45 degree angle to the parking spot for my car. Today, the car was gone, so it was staring at a concrete slab. No sidewalks, no road, nothing but the concrete. No leaves or anything blowing across the spot. No motion at all. Each and every video started with a white flash of light followed by absolutely nothing to see. The camera is fully shaded under the eaves. No insects flying around the lens (I've seen plenty of them, this isn't that). The driveway under the camera is in full sun. No clouds casting shadows. I finally had to shut off the camera. Not much good as a security camera being disabled, right?
1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Some IR object is triggering them. Sometimes it's a truck passing by out of frame. Have you tried turning down the motion sensitivity for this camera? Maybe a restart of the camera and/or base station could also help