Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have an 8 camera system I installed 1 week ago. For the most part running ok. I have 1 camera that has been reporting low battery since day 3. The usage on this camera is 3-5 minutes a day streaming. I started to trouble shoot and investigate camera firmware versions. 7 of my cameras are showing firmware version 1.22412 the other 1 which is the camera with the battery issue is using firmware 1.1.2074. I have auto update set on. What version should be on these cameras and how do I do it. Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

current camera version is 1.2.2412 

to force a camera update make sure auto update is on, then open and close battery door

DO NOT reopen the battery door while the camera is updating ! ( flashing blue/amber )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Thanks for the reply Tom. I will give it a try as soon as I can get a ladder to the camera. We had another 7" of snow here yesterday. Can't get to it right now. Lol. Will the update address the battery reporting issue on this camera? Thanks again.
Tom
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

same here , 7" of snow... Isn't Spring nice !

Morse is faster than texting!
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Showguy,

Yes, the updated firmware of 1.2.2412 should address the battery level being mis-reported in colder temperatures. Unfortunately, I have been advised by our development team that a one-time power cycle of the camera is needed to clear the current inaccurate value from the database for those cameras affected by this issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Thank you for your valuable contribution to this topic. Please let us know if you still see any battery level issues.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does that mean a battery replacement causing an update is all that's needed or do I have to open the battery cover yet again?

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning jguerdat,

Thank you for the great question. The users that were experiencing the inaccurate low battery reading due to colder weather will have to perform a one time power cycle in order for the database to update with the new actuate battery level reading. If your camera(s) is not affected by this issue you are not required to power cycle the Arlo camera(s).

Does this answer your question? 🙂

I look forward to your reply!

Christine

Arlo Team

____
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not really. I've had low battery life as well as quick low battery warnings followed by a fair amount of life after the low battery alert. I'm also playing with rechargeable batteries so my indications are mixed and muddled. I suspect the cold weather issue is something I encounter, given that I'm in Rochester, NY and not SoCal. Recently, one of my cameras updated itself while on standard batteries and has been showing full charge the whole time. Given that its not showing low battery, I'm not going to reset unless I need to. The other camera had standard batteries that had given a low alert a week ago but had been running fine in spite of that as well as the fact it hadn't updated due to low battery. I chose to put in a set of rechargeables yesterday and watched the update occur before I reaimed it. So, given that the batteries were refreshed followed by the firmware update, do I need to reset this camera since it updated itself AFTER opening/closing the battery cover or did the battery refresh and update process take care of the reset needed? Its just a bit of a pain to reset and reaim cameras outdoors but I'll certainly do it if that's what's needed.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello again jguerdat,

Thank you for the detailed reply! No, you do not need to reset the camera again since changing the batteries has accompolished the resetting of the battery level in the database. 🙂

Best Regards,

Christine

____
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gotcha! Thanks.