Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
bitfidelity
Tutor
Tutor

For those who are attaching their mounts without screws, what are you using? Is double-stick tape really strong enough to keep the Arlo intact, especially during your typical winds?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

3m douple stick molding tape ( auto store ) will never come off...

A little less powerful is the regular 3m tape double stick foam ... works fine with the weight, no problems...

A bunch of people have also used 3m Commander tape for easy removal.  One piece on a coat hook holds almost 10lbs so I don't think its a prob either ( tho I haven't used it outdoors )

BTW, the original mounts for Vuezone used double stick tape and I'm using the same old ball mounts for the newer Arlos

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
marlan
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,

For the 3M tape option you used, are they still holding up?  Have they ever came off?  Are you using them indoors or outdoors?  If you do ever decide you need to remove the adhesive tape, is that permanent or removable?

I am looking for an adhesive tape option for use outdoors in Massachusetts.  I am looking to stick it on either the vinyl siding directly under an eave or plastic molding on corner of house.  I am unsure if the tape will hold up in the various weather types like cold, hot, humid, etc.  If it doesn't hold, the camera will probably not survive the fall onto the hard surface below.

I am thinking of using the tabletop mount with the adhesive tape option for Arlo Pro.

Any additional experiences/thoughts you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

The 3m stuff does not do well in Hot weather. I reccommend checking the adhesivness every couple of months.  I have one location that is attached to Hardy Plank.  I pulled off the camera from the magnetic mount and noticed some play in the ball mount.  Not wanting to take a chance of it falling, I purchased another security camera mount from Amazon.

marlan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hula_Rock, which alternative security camera mount did you ended up buying from Amazon?  Thanks.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

marlan wrote:

Hula_Rock, which alternative security camera mount did you ended up buying from Amazon?  Thanks.

http://amzn.to/2hWVzGj

I have them on all my outdoor cameras now.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hula_Rock wrote:

marlan wrote:

http://amzn.to/2hWVzGj

I have them on all my outdoor cameras now.

Hello HR,

just wondering how different (other than price) are these compared to Arlo's own mounts?

Thanks,

Paul

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I have the VMA1000B  for one of my cameras and tested it against the Amazon version.

One thing I DO NOT like with the Arlo version is the way you tighten down the camera once you have it on position.  It has the two flanges that you turn clockwise, the bottom of the Camera gets in the way when they get close to the 12:00 position.

One thing I like about the Amazon version is that it has better range of motion dependant on the applicaiton.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hula_Rock wrote:

I have the VMA1000B  for one of my cameras and tested it again the Amazon version.

One thing I DO NOT like with the Arlo version is the way you tighten down the camera once you have it on position.  It has the two flanges that you turn clockwise, the bottom of the Camera gets in the way when they get close to the 12:00 position.

I know what you mean, I had same problem with mine. Was forced to switch to the ceiling full ball mount but not so sure about its security issue as camera can easily be pulled off and stolen.

Thanks,

Paul