Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Hi - 

Wondering if I'm the only one.. 

As of today it seems that neither the web UI or the Android app save my credentials, now.  Normally, I only have to re-enter credentials every monrh or two but today if I don't use the Arlo app for ~30 minutes I get the "your session has expired.  please log in." message and have to enter my password.  I've had to do it 3 times this morning.

The web UI also is frequently giving me the "you may be logged into netgear arlo in a different browser tab" message unless I run it in incognito mode (i.e. no cookies).

Am I the only one?  If not, is NETGEAR aware of this?

I'm wondering if something changed on their back-end, maybe a load-balancer sticky setting not working right and cookies aren't being set properly.

- Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DarthCarnificem
Initiate
Initiate

I was having the same problems and was just coming in here to post as much when I decided to check the Play Store; knew I updated Arlo within the last week so was going to stick versioning info in the thread. Got into the Play Store and saw Arlo had an update pending, installed it and login problem was solved for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
frenchie75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem! Every time I open the arlo app it says my session has timed out and I have to sign in again! Very annoying!

Ispies
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem every time I have to log back in this is getting old!
dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, you're not the only one, and this is seriously annoying.  Makes working w/ the system on the app very difficult and tedious.

DarthCarnificem
Initiate
Initiate

I was having the same problems and was just coming in here to post as much when I decided to check the Play Store; knew I updated Arlo within the last week so was going to stick versioning info in the thread. Got into the Play Store and saw Arlo had an update pending, installed it and login problem was solved for me.

Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, DarthCarnificem!  That seems to have fixed my Android app problems.  Combined with clearing cookies on the web browser, I think this can be chalked up to the new "Arlo cloud update" that was done.

- Mark

Ispies
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much DarthCarnificem , that update took care of it !!!