Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
solkirk
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the past 3 days I can't login to arlo via the app on my android phone. I just get "We are sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable, please try again later."

I'm using the latest available version, which I deleted and re-installed. 

I can access the system from a PC via a web browser, but if I try to use the web site from my phone, it automatically sends me to a page, telling me to download the app, which is frankly, useless and annoying.

Can someone please advise, when this is expected to be fixed, and what if any work around is available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't tell you about the inability to access the service using the app but a browser on a mobile device can be used by using th ebrowser menu and select the desktop version of the page.  Since the browser doesn't have Flash, live view and a few other things won't work but the library can be viewed.

BTW, what device and OS are you using?  Have you checked for OS updates?  How about restarting the device?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

solkirk,

I have tested this on Android and was not able to replicate the behavior you describe? What Android device/OS are you seeing this behavior on? Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

Nancct
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am on Android too and get the same thing Arlo currently unavailable...hmmm....maybe get my money back
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not normal.  Log out and back into the app.  Restart the phone. Power cycle the base.

JediJames
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you got a fix for this ???? Seems like a common Problem but not seeing any soultions. 

Tried APP and Computer. Android latest version S7 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could just be a timing thing but open a case with support if it's still happening.

One thing first - try the phone on cell service - any difference?

nasjohn76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android user, getting the same ERROR "Arlo currently unavailable...." need a solution soon !

solkirk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I was able to resolve my issue with the application. By replacing my phone, though it was due to other reasons.
I was using a HTC M8, with a custom firmware, now on a HTC M10, stock firmware.

Thank you for feedback and recommendations, sorry if your having the same issue, as this is not a general fix.
nasjohn76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like the issue is fixed. Just restarted the device and the phone.

cokoamojo
Initiate
Initiate

I got the message on 02/14/17 so obviously nothing has been done. This erroe has persisted for years, according to the comments here. I bought the unit at COSTCO yesterday and will return it today.

Thanks to all who have posted regarding this issue. I know that it is not a temporary problem. It is a cronic issue that has gone on for years and it is quite obvious that the company has no plan to fix it.

What is amazing to me is that there are apparently so mant people who are willing to put up with this. I can understand a (security system) website being down once, twice, perhaps even three times in the course of a year. But people have posted that they have this problem several times a day....and yet, keep using this system.

Not me. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand a small number of users are experiencing an issue with device registration. The engineering team is working hard to provide a resolution. I will post an update as soon as we have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding in this process.

JamesC

otisorchards8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any point in trying to reset all my devices, or is this an Arlo issue?  I already regret this enough, it would be nice to just be told that it's an internal Arlo issue before wasting any more time tryng to fix my devices.  

Ybenormal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I'm new to Arlo and trying to set it up and I'm getting this message over and over. I have reset everything and tried other devices. What else do I need to do?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

Donblonco
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the first time buying this type of camera.  I would not have purchased it if I knew that the company had poor tech support.  I've tried for days to contact someone and haven't been able to becuase of the same excuse. "Sorry we have no one avail at this time.   You would think that a company would provide phone service if web service is not avail.  What one to do but to return the camera or sell it and find a company that is more tech frienly to there customer.  Shame on Netgear for there poor service.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Donblonco,

You are welcome to ask your question on the community in a new thread and we would be happy to assist further.

If you are trying to contact support, are you using this link? Arlo Support Team

JamesC

ricknui
Aspirant
Aspirant
After getting arlo is currently unavailable message, I try to register my system to my arlo account and it now comes up with com.netgear.android.login_sso_no_a_rlo_account. What does this mean?
cokoamojo
Initiate
Initiate

Hello:

It's disappointing to hear users are continuing to have problems with the ARLO system. The "ARLO not available" problem has persisted for years with NETGEAR apparently unable to solve the problem once and for all. I had to return my unit to COSTCO.

The problem you are reporting is, I suspect, a result of the "fix" to the ARLO not available" problem.

Hopefully, tech. support can provide some answers for you. Good luck. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ricknui wrote:
After getting arlo is currently unavailable message, I try to register my system to my arlo account and it now comes up with com.netgear.android.login_sso_no_a_rlo_account. What does this mean?

Not sure but it seems like it's not recognizing that you have an account.  Do you? If so, can you simply try logging in as opposed to setting up a new system? If that fails, what happens when you choose to set up a new system?  Power cycle the base and verify that you have both the power and Internet LEDs being green.

ricknui
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I sign in first then it ask to add a system which I do then it comes up with that message. All three lights are green power Internet and camera. Tried restarting everything still no good.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can try resetting the system by using the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Try setting up again or use Add Device if presented with that option. If that doesn't work, contact support and open a case.
Alp397
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this problem. I reset the camera using the app, switching it off and on in the process, and that seemed to fix it.

Kjshae
Aspirant
Aspirant
We'll, I am still ha ing this issue with not being able login. It says arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later. I don't think there has been any sort if fix and their website sucks. What reputable company doesn't provide a customer support phone number or email address for assistance on their website? Oh, buy my tiny expensive cameras but don't try contacting us. This problem has been random ever since I purchased it about 8 months ago. In addition, I am now noticing that the recordings don't appear in my library for several hours on top of the delay in recordings. I just had someone try to break into my car and alibi was able to capture was them running away because of a motion sensored front porch light (thank god). How can I describe the intruders by the back of their heads? Overall, unique design but poor quality. Maybe I can return it since I purchased the pack from Costco if there isn't a quick fix soon.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

At the bottom of this, and each forum page is a contact support button, which gives support phone numbers, email form and chat ( although some have had problems with chat)