Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We are sorry, we are experiencing an unexpected issue

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
NioXin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got mine home and having this same issue. Cant do first time setup receiving this same error message. Also getting "Confirmation email failed to send"

I managed to make it work, It would not let me continue logged in.. I had to add device without being logged in via NEW ACCOUNT even though I already had a netgear accoutnb i was logged in to. 

This needs to be fixed for sure. But at least I was able to work around it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NioXin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey guys,

Since I had the same issue and make it work maybe this will help you. I did briefly describ what it was and how I fixed but I was very brief.

This only applies to you if you previously have a neatgear account as I did.

When you sign in as existing user it won't let you add cameras or setup the cam router,and also won't let you send email validation.. This part of the account thing is clearly broken.

All I did was instead of sign in with existing, use the "create new" what ever and use your credentials for your previous neatgear account, and select add new set up. I think that what it says, I did it last week and have a bad memory.

This worked for me and was hassle free from there onwards.

Hope this helps, and neatgear update the app to better direct people with existing accounts who want to create a new arlo account.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NioXin,

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Please let me know if you experience this behavior moving forward.

Thank you,

JamesC

Fuzzmar
Initiate
Initiate

I'm getting the same message...and can't add the camera or verify my email. Please help.

Lonecleric
Guide
Guide
I have same problem. My cameras don't show up on the app and I cannot confirm my email. Leaving for long trip and need this set up today. No telephone customer service. That really stinks
Lonecleric
Guide
Guide
Agreed. Whatever fix they did was not successful.
Lonecleric
Guide
Guide
Would be nice to know how you fixed. Given the number of posts on this issue it is widespread. Apple 10 issue perhaps
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lonecleric wrote:
No telephone customer service.
Huh? Click on the Support link at the top here.
Lonecleric
Guide
Guide

Support link where?  No telephone number and no chat. How do these guys stay in business

Piccler
Tutor
Tutor
What's the status of this, rushed shipped this and can't even get it to connect?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lonecleric wrote:

Support link where?  No telephone number and no chat. How do these guys stay in business

Can't even lead you to water.  At the top of these pages is a header with Products, Uses, Community, Support and My Arlo. All you have to do is click on Support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fuzzmar, Lonecleric, Piccler

I have not been able to replicate the issue you are describing. Are you still seeing this behavior? Is this error message occurring when you attempt to complete a New System Setup or at some other point?

JamesC

Lonecleric
Guide
Guide
So I finally found chat and phone support. Kudos to Netgear for keeping it well hidden. When you search for it no luck. I am traveling but will try and get support on line tomorrow to see if they can get it working. If not back to Best Buy. Seems this system is very buggy and unreliable. We shall see
NioXin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey guys,

Since I had the same issue and make it work maybe this will help you. I did briefly describ what it was and how I fixed but I was very brief.

When you sign in as existing user it won't let you add cameras or setup the cam router,and also won't let you send email validation.. This part of the account thing is clearly broken.

All I did was instead of sign in with existing, use the "create new" what ever and use your credentials for your previous neatgear account, and select add new set up. I think that what it says, I did it last week and have a bad memory.

Hope this helps, and neatgear update the app to better direct people with existing accounts who want to create a new arlo account.
NioXin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey mod, please check my recent post on this issue and validate so people can get some resolve. I was having same issues and worked around it successfully
Uncle_D
Tutor
Tutor

NioXin wrote:
Hey guys,

That's the issue I was having.  I had an existing account and it wouldn't let me set up a new system.  Of course, the error message makes it sound like a system outage so you just keep coming back and trying waiting for the "unexpected issue" to be fixed.  I put in a ticket and got back a generic response a few days later that did not address my issue at all.  Luckily JamesC saw my post here and tried to help.

However, after seeing all the chatter on here about outages and not getting support on weekends, I decided to take the cameras back.  I also didn't like the fact that the base station is so huge.  It's like having a 2nd router that you have to find a place for.  We wife returned them this morning and my Blink cameras arrived in the mail today.  I was up and running in 5 minutes and the Blink sync station is literally 2x2 inches.  We'll see how they work out.

Cheers,

Uncle D

Sandowl
Aspirant
Aspirant

The reply from NioXin didn't help me at all.  I've tried everything I can think of to fix this my end and it's completely unacceptable these errors keep happening.

I couldn't even respond to the techs generic step-by-step-booklet response via the website without gaining a 'server fatal error support notified'!  Had to start a new query and list the old case#.

I too had a previously existing account. I too, no matter what OS I used - Linux, Win 7 or Win 8.1, on pc, or laptop - could not register my new camera system, nor even login to my Arlo account after the first couple of tries.  When I could first login to the Arlo account there was nowhere to register the camera system at all.  When I tried the other option of register new system and after entering my email address the website stated the email awas already registered, please enter password to continue - and the website had populated my name - I received the error, 'we are sorry. The system is experiencing an unexpected issue.'

After this error I was no longer able to access my Arlo login at all without the error.

I logged a support request and called the number for my country - at which time after 20 minutes on the phone I was told there was no-one in the support area to help me and I'd have to be called back - didn't happen all afternoon or evening.

This is insane.  I did my due diligence when looking into the system and if I had known this was a possibility I'd never have purchased it.  At $767.00AUD for a 3 camera system, one would expect the backend to be working without an issue.  If this isn't sorted in the next day or two I'm returning it for a refund and buying something else.

I need the footage for court matters and this is simply leaving me exposed and not okay.

Thanks to everyone else who was experiencing this issue, for logging the matter here so people like me can see we're not alone and it's a Netgear problem - a Worldwide Netgear problem!

Kudos to all of you. Thanks.

Sandowl
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Lonecleric wrote:

Can't even lead you to water.  At the top of these pages is a header with Products, Uses, Community, Support and My Arlo. All you have to do is click on Support.

Actually, this website is overly complicated and problematic.

When you hit the support option at the top of the page it should link to this;

http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

straight away, with all the other options, including community links, underneath/next to it - not instead of it.

It takes far too long to plow through all the rest of the information seemingly designed to stop people from actually contacting the company directly, before the correct information is displayed so customers can actually contact the company and gain telephone information.  Even the search options in support are lacking.

So for those like you, a 'superuser', maybe things are easier due to your familiarity, however, for the person just looking for contact details, this site is a shocker.  It appears designed to stop the flow of customer contact to head office - no matter the country.

Not cool.

Support contact information for those who need it:

http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I actually agree with you but the main issue is folks not even looking at the various pages for the information located on them.  If you want to contact support, wouldn't the Support link here actually be a good place to start?  Yet that seems to be impossible for people to even see.  Virtually evey web site that has a support capability has such a link at or near the top - use it.