Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

WIFI DOWN - Login to Arlo Base

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PrepperChris
Follower
Follower

As a prepper my house is fully secured with over a thousand dollars worth of Arlo gear. I am becoming more and more dismayed that this was a waste of hard earned money. When the internet goes out and I have full street power / commercial power my thousands of dollars cameras are worthless. I am blind and back to the same situation I was in before I bought them except I would have still had the money in my pocket. I can not even use my hot spot or a military mifi because as stated in previous posting it has to be hotwired to the base. I want to know is there any way for me to log in and view direct on my Arlo Base on its secure network?

I already know that Arlo makes the same expensive cameras with a cell card option that several of my friends in other discipline use at cell sites. This is not a practical solution. All side note when the temp dropped to -4 here in Kentucky this year my cameras dropped off line which was unacceptable.  

If there is no easy answer to this I am looking at switching wired systems and advising all my friends to do the same and any friends I have farther north due the cams going off line when temps dropped to neg -4.

Looking for serious replies and moderator replies - (Think I may have wasted money on a brand name)

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may want to investigate a new router that supports both the typical internet connection (cable, fiber, etc.) as well as an optional cell service backup connection. Otherwise, your hotspot or other alternative connection can be used by adding a WiFi extender that's connected to whatever device is used (assuming no Ethernet connection on them) so the base/hub can be plugged into the extender.

BTW, if you check the specs on any Arlo camera, you'll see that the cameras turn themselves off at -5F/-20C to protect themselves. That temp is +/- depending on the specific camera so it's just a typical spec, not absolute.