Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

Until now, my Arlo Camera has worked fine and gave me 'push' notifications whilst I was some 200 plus miles away for a Month.

When I came back, I mistakenly turned off the 'Base Station', thinking it was another piece of equipment, so it was off for three days. Then when I turned it back on, it no longer plays the Videos on either my iphone or my laptop.

So I contacted 'Arlo Support' via Web Chat and after about half an hour of trying various steps, they said I should re-boot everything, including Router.... Obviously that lost any connection and then I could not find 'Chat' again or any phone number....

Can someone help me please?

I need the Security Cameras as I have 'trouble' with the local Yobbos, who think it's funny to wreck things and/or shout abuse, so I need to catch them 'at it', to get anything 'done' about it. I am a disabled Pensioner living alone, I have no-one to turn to for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok , you said its working on your PHONE?

IF so , by any chance you using Chrome?  They had an upadta a few days ago that defaults to FLASH off....

If FLASH is off, you will not be able to play live videos .

There are other posts on this and how to turn flash back on

Or just try a different browser is you have one

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

OK,

Turn off the  MODEM, ROUTER, and BASE in that order and then turn them back on in the same order, allow time for each to come back online.

Test the system... if NG, what are the LEDS in the front showing ??

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now I can get my iphone to play Videos, but still can't get any 'Arlo' Videos to play online...

I checked out my iphone settings and found I was NOT WiFi connected to my home Router and corrected that.

So I just don't understand WHY I can't play the same Videos online and like another Lady said today in Community Troubleshooting:

The Video is 'stuck' on 'getting status' or 'please wait'.

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello again 'Tom Mac', well when I connected to 'Live Chat', the Operative did tell me to do that and of course I lost all connections, including the 'Chat', which disappeared from any choices. ( maybe they are busy.)

Maybe I didn't do it in the right order, I will try again.

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello Again 'Tom Mac', surely the 'Modem' IS the 'Router', sorry, I am not an 'I.T' expert.

I have Sky, with a Sky Box and Sky Router, is the Big Oblong Sky Box the 'Modem'?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok , you said its working on your PHONE?

IF so , by any chance you using Chrome?  They had an upadta a few days ago that defaults to FLASH off....

If FLASH is off, you will not be able to play live videos .

There are other posts on this and how to turn flash back on

Or just try a different browser is you have one

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ps, you are online as your here on the web.... usu the modem is the box your cable line goes to first then your router plugs into it with an ethernet cable... some are combined

also the left three leds on base green?

chrome flash fix; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-cameras-will-not-stream-live-image/m-p/1333915#M1...

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

I re-booted like you said 'Tom Mac', but still can't play 'Arlo' Videos online.

My Laptop HAS updated during the past week, so maybe there is a problem with Chrome as you say. I will try Firefox...

The iphone plays the Videos now fine, I just need to connect the WiFi.

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

OK, well I tried 'Firefox', but that didn't want to play the 'Arlo' Videos either, so I went back to Chrome and got a banner to say there was a 'new' version of 'Flash', so I installed that, ( making sure to untick the 'extras',) and then checked the Chrome settings for 'Flash' as someone had suggested.

But although I can play Videos in the 'History' section, I still can't play Videos in the 'Devices' section, so cannot switch to 'Live'.... So.... 

....Still NO 'LIVE' Videos.

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please HELP, I have to go back to Yorkshire in 36 hours and will NOT be able to manually access the Cameras from there....So I NEED to get this fixed SOON...

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

After a lot of restarting and downloading new flash version, like I said yesterday, I can now access and play arlo videos in 'History'.

But I am still unable to play or stream 'Live Video' online, which it needs to be to record it, although my iphone will now function normally.

PLEASE HELP, I have to return to Yorkshire tomorrow, so will NOT be able to manually access the Cameras or Base Station from there.

I only have another18 hours to get this fixed.

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried using a different Browser this afternoon after 'Superuser' suggested it again and it WORKED. Smiley Very Happy

I did try this step before, but it wouldn't work until I had taken ALL of the other steps, including downloading the latest version of the 'Flash Player'ect..

I used 'Firefox' and the 'Arlo' 'Live' Videos abd 'Streaming' work with that OK.