Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Videos missing since 2019_0209 before 20:40 CST for all cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pat49
Aspirant
Aspirant

7 days (I only keep 7 days)  worth of videos missing as of this morning 02/10/2019.  Also i am now getting a message saying to update to a smart arlo plan which I am not interested in every time I log in and unable to figure out how to stop it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @pat49,

Are you not seeing any videos from both the Arlo app on your phone and on the web client on your computer? Make sure for the Arlo app, you are updated to the latest version.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @pat49,

Are you not seeing any videos from both the Arlo app on your phone and on the web client on your computer? Make sure for the Arlo app, you are updated to the latest version.

hobejoey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem that started at the same time after a automatic upgrade released on 1/29.2019, verison 2.7.1. Since 2/10/2019, I can no longer activate the "Armed" mode to tell the cameras to detect motion. Hence why they are not recording. Before this upgrade was applied I had full function of my arlo system. I have done everything said in the community section to do, reset the base unit, reapplied all the cameras, & still no relief of the problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried? Have you tried both the app and a web browser? Have you reinstalled the app? Is your phone's OS up to date? Details.

hobejoey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you actually read my comments because I gave details ? Or did you just cut & paste the same message that you sent to another in a different thread without even reading what was said ? I read the same exact answer in another thread that you gave to someone else.

I am using the web browser only. No phone, no phone app. Exactly how much more detailed to you need me to get ? If you do not know the answers I need, then please step aside and allow someone that can help answer. I apologize for my terseness, but after 3 days of dealing with this issue, your reply is not coming across well at all.

Quote" I have the same problem that started at the same time after a automatic upgrade released on 1/29.2019, verison 2.7.1. Since 2/10/2019, I can no longer activate the "Armed" mode to tell the cameras to detect motion. Hence why they are not recording. Before this upgrade was applied I had full function of my arlo system. I have done everything said in the community section to do, reset the base unit, reapplied all the cameras, & still no relief of the problem." Unquote

~

pat49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was in arlo the day I posted this problem.  I got a hit in Arlo and my IE Window Closed..  Went back in, all videos since Feb 1st thru Feb 8th disappeared. I currently have Feb 9th thru today Feb 13th for both phone and 2 computers. I did not lose my IE connection, just the ARLO window in IE closed all by itself. My assumption is something happen to arlo.com for my videos.  Case Closed.  FYI, I am not happy with the speed of viewing videos off Arlos cloud.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@hobejoey wrote:

Did you actually read my comments because I gave details ? Or did you just cut & paste the same message that you sent to another in a different thread without even reading what was said ? I read the same exact answer in another thread that you gave to someone else.

As I had to post yesterday to another user, I read hundreds of posts each day and can't possibly review the entirety of each thread. If you do the same thing, you'll understand the reason for why I have to do this.

I am using the web browser only. No phone, no phone app. Exactly how much more detailed to you need me to get ?

One reason for asking about using the app is that it's a troubleshooting step. You didn't provide much deatil, only that you use a browser. You don't identify the browser or the OS. You also didn't try the app. It may be that one works and another doesn't which is useful information. We're trying to help from afar with only the info you provide, which was/is minimal so you get generic responses trying to get you to fill in the gaps. 3 days can be a short time when dealing with Internet forums. A phone call to support would have been quicker.

Have you tried logging out and back in? How about clearing the cache and maybe cookies? Details, again.

hobejoey
Aspirant
Aspirant

So now I have my Arlo system up on ebay for bids and someone else will get a good deal and the upgrade headaches from Netgear Arlo.

I will fix my problem, by taking out my Netgear Arlo system, and I am considering replacing them with a better system, Blink XT Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection, Wall Mount, HD Video, 2-Year Battey. Com...

I am now much more happier not having to deal with condescending moderators who are no help at all. Besides this isn't the first time this has happen, seems everytime Arlo pushes out a new update, that I had to do the samething to fix it, totally reset the unit back to factory settings, not once, not twice, but three times now. You start to see a pattern forming here, each time with the nice little pop-up ad to upgrade to a subscription cloud service and the free cloud service that your arlo system came with blocked. Coincidence ? I think not. Kind of makes you feel like you are being pushed into having to purchase a subscription whether you want to or not. I am sure this will be taken down by the moderator who is suppose to be so helpful, but I have said my peace.

Blink XT Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection, Wall Mount, HD Video, 2-Year Batter…