Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video gets pixelacting and stuttering. Disepointed!! Is it realy this bad???

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Hokallabird
Star
Star

Hello!

I have the webcam outside with full signal.. But when im recording to se the video its realy bad.

Time to say good bye to this system och is it anything i can do??

1452765586063.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If u mean the Arlo Q , it was meant to be an inside cam.... You could lower the video settings if you have a limited bandwidth.  Haven't seen this problem with the Q

if you mean reg Arlo cam ( this is the q section ) then pixelation happens for a couple of reasons...

low bandwidth, interference, and sometimes server issues (imo). 

You could try and move the cam closer too.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Hokallabird
Star
Star

The cam is the standard arlo 720p cam. 50mbit down and up. No problems here in the network.

I hope the Netgerar will come with an update becouse this is serious not good for that money.

The advertising of the product talkes likes it super image 720p.. Not near that. The detail is realy pixeling and no focus.

I reed about many here have the same input.

Will netgear come with some other cam?? With better focus and detail?

Thanks!

Contenj
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same problem to the point where I think I'm going to return the cameras..was too much bad video captured...pixelated playback.. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Contenj,

This could be an interference issue. Do you have more than one camera? Are they both behaving this way? Is the issue intermittent or does it always occur? Check to make sure your camera is getting the best WiFi signal strength.

JamesC