Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Very Slow/Buffering

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
RSBayes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed my new Arlo system last week and it was working great until yesterday. Now, when I try to see a camera feed, it buffers and either doesn't load at all or starts, buffers and then quits. I tried moving the base station to get better reception and that didn't help at all. I also tried unistalling/re-installing the app.

Can anyone help? I'm going on vacation soon, and want to be able to keep an eye on things back home. That's why we got the system!

This is extremely frustrating.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RSBayes,

Performance may vary depending on the network you are using to attempt live streams. For example if you have a fast connection on WiFi at home you may have a better experience than you would on a 3g/4g connection from a mobile device. What is the download/upload speed of your internet connection and what network are you connected to when you notice the issue?

Let us know!

JamesC

Glenrayf
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a screaming fast connection, but over the past two weeks, streaming is almost impossible. I see the spinning wheel often when I try to watch any view
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glenrayf,

Yesterday several updates were deployed for Arlo. Now that these updates are complete are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

Biojkm1
Initiate
Initiate

I have just purchased two cameras and a base station, the camers are rarely online, especially at night and when it is raining. I presume that this will be effecting my CVR which i have paid for. 

The camers worked fine for 3 days and i have super speed broadband!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Biojkm1,

This could be due to interference or poor signal strength. Consider relocating your base station away from any other wireless devices and be sure that each of your cameras have the best signal strength.

JamesC