Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a driveway side by side. Due to privacy concerns from my neighbour. I need the Arlo Pro Camera to have an option to pan and zoom the picture vertically as well.

At present my camera sits inside a bird house which makes it less conspicuous having it in the bird house I am able to have it plugged in all the time so no need to recharge the batteries.

I have to use black electric tape to block my neighbours side doing so distorts the night vision dramatically.

This option would also be be good for narrow walkways, doorways and stairways.

I am request that you please look at  this feature to be included on the future development.

Please consider this an option. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lightyears,

Pan and zoom can be done through camera settings. I'm not sure what you mean by an option for zooming the picture vertically. Could you provide more details on what you are trying to do?

JamesC

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

We have a long driveway side by side with my neighbour. Because I have a neighbour who thinks I can see them, I have to put tape on the right side of the camera so that I block out their side of the driveway. Because I have the tape on the camera the night view is distorted. That is why if I was able to bring in either side of the camera I would be able to still have the height for the full view of the driveway and eliminate the neighbours side of the house.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lightyears,

Placing the camera on it's side might get the results you're looking for without the tape being necessary. You might try some trial and error placement with the camera on it's side to see if you can get the results you need.

JamesC

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

I thought of that as well but I have the camera inside a birdhouse so it is not obvious and thus harder to detect by people.

Thus I need it to be standing upright. Thanks for your input.