Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS3230-100NAS - internet buffering

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Earthtobill
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased my arlo smart home indoor/outdoor wireless high-definition IP security camera from Best Buy and installed as instructed.  After installation, while live streaming from Netflix and other providers, programs began buffering and causing significant disruptions, thereby losing any entertainment value.  I noted further delays in other downloads with our other computers and phones as well.  Are there any reports of this product causing such issues?  The cameras were not live streaming during this period, nor were the capturing any alarms - for all practical purposes these cameras were off.  Please advise of any other problems of this nature and known solutions.  

Also, if I am able to resolve this issue and continue use of the equipment, is there a means to add a second person to the account where they also have the ability to activate or deactivate the motion and reporting on the cameras?

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Live streaming is delayed as it goes through to the Netgear servers and back to your viewing device. If you move the cameras closer and have faster internet, that might reduce the lag but AFAIK, you'll always have some

To add another person, click SETTINGS and GRANT ACCESS and follow the instructions from there

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Earthtobill wrote:

.  After installation, while live streaming from Netflix and other providers, programs began buffering and causing significant disruptions,.  I noted further delays in other downloads with our other computers and phones as well. 

Also, if I am able to resolve this issue and continue use of the equipment, is there a means to add a second person to the account

First thing I would ask is the data thru-put speed of your service...

The cameras when VIEWING OR RECORDING use the same amount of bandwith... the data goes from the unit up to Netgears servers and then back to you if Live Viewing, and one way if recording ( till viewed later ).

The Arlo cameras can peak at 1.5Mb and Netgear recommends a min of 1MB/sec thru put.... tho if using other devices at the same time can load down you system.

The Arlo ( not Q cameras ) cameras use no data when just sitting there not viewing or recording when disarmed

An easy test would be during one of your "slow" downs to simply unplug or power off the base and/or unplug the ethernet cable.

As to friends, Yes as mentioned... But remember the more friends that share cameras, the more bandwith you may see and battery usage

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------