Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
howdy
Aspirant
Aspirant

after repeated attempts my camera will not sync even though it was sync previously.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

howdy,

What is the LED behavior when trying to sync the camera? I noticed you mentioned you were contacting support in another thread. Were you able to contact the support team to investigate the issue?

JamesC

gmango
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one camera system works fine, my second camera won't sync. Blue flashing LED on the camera and the USB light flashing Amber on the base station when I press and hold sync button. But the camera flashes Amber indicating a fail sync and to try again. Any ideas??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the USB LED is flashing, you're holding the base sync button too long.  Try again, holding the sync button for something more like 2 seconds.  Holding it longer can set the base into a =nother mode that isn't for sync.

Eetrnloptmst
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine won't sync either. Brand new and the first one synced immediately. Other one turns anber
gmango
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, yep I repowered base station and then tap sync button instead of holding it down. Worked. Holding down sync for too long was my problem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Eetrnloptmst wrote:
Mine won't sync either. Brand new and the first one synced immediately. Other one turns anber

Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices.  Use the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.  Let the base stabilize with the power and Internet LEDs being green.  Use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to re-add the base and then try syncing the cameras again.  Be sure to only press the sync button on the base briefly (~2 seconds or so) rather than holding it down for a long time to start the sync process.

Wilmz1
Aspirant
Aspirant