Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC3030 Wireless Camera voltage limits

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bruce44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to use rechargable (RCR123A) batteries for my Arlo Wire-Free cameras.  Does anyone know for sure if the 3.7volt batteries can be used instead of the 3.0volt ones?  Put another way does anyone know of these cameras regulate the final voltage to 12volts meaning that the camera could tolerate a voltage of 14.8volts.  The rechargable 3.7volt batteries are available with 650-700 mAh, which is why I would like to try them.  These batteries are not cheap but neither is replacing 12 batteries every 3 or 4 months.  I have tried Tenergy LiFeP04 3.0volt, when fully charged they show with the orange box around the battery on the "Cameras" screen within the Win 10 laptop app.

Bruce

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the threads in Buying Options and Tips forum.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC