Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pbrinkworth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just changed batteries first time in one of the cameras having not changed any of the settings or positioning of the camera but when armed, the motion detection is activating the camera going off every minute and there’s nothing in front of the camera, 647 times last night!!

Worked absolutely perfectly until I changed batteries ??

Also tried putting motion detector setting down to 5% just in case as it was originally on 99% but still goes off for no reason every minute ??

Any ideas please?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you double-checked that audio alerts aren't enabled?

Pbrinkworth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where can I check that Steve please?

Would that be responsible for the motion activating every minute or the batteries totally drained in 3 hours?

Thanks mate much appreciated

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pbrinkworth wrote:

Where can I check that Steve please?

Would that be responsible for the motion activating every minute or the batteries totally drained in 3 hours?

Thanks mate much appreciated

After I posed this, I realized that your camera model is the original Arlo HD camera (VMC3030) - though you posted in the Essential camera area.

The original Arlo camera doesn't have microphones, so it doesn't have the audio alert feature that the essentials have.  So that isn't a cause (and there is not something you can check).

Did you change the motion sensitivity in the motion detection test, or in the rule for the camera in the mode.  The motion detection test is just a test - it doesn't change the actual threshold.   

Another thought is that it might be useful to clean the camera front (the entire surface, not just the lens).  I'm wondering if something is on the passive infrared (PIR) sensor that does the motion detection.

Maybe also try the camera in a different spot (as a test), and see if the problem happens there too.

Pbrinkworth
Aspirant
Aspirant
It appears fingers crossed, cleaning the front has worked mate thank you very much
Dannybear
Master
Master
I had a similar issue with my pro2 and found that a tiny paper wasp was setting up shop on the front plate of the camera. It would settle at night over the PIR and would flap wings to set it off. The paper nest would reflect the night LEDs to haze our the camera’s view.

IMG_2456.jpg