Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 connection. Changed WiFi router but cannot find device.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Scott53
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have VMB4000 Base Station and three VMC 4030 cameras. Everything has worked fine for several years. Just change my WiFi router as we needed more power. All other devices (TV's, iPads, iPhones, etc) work fine with the new router.  But the whole Arlo system is not.

I have disconnected the Base Station and cameras to start from scratch and reconnect each devise.  Followed the steps to connect the WiFi line to the Base Station first, then the power.  The power light is solod green; the Wifi light is both flashing green and solid green; the camera light is amber, as the have not been reconnected.

When I try to connect the Base Station with the Arlo App on my iPhone, it “cannot find the device.”  I have tried everything I can think of: iPhone is only 6 inches from the Base Station; check for App updated; disconnect and reconnect the WiFi and power; reboot my phone; hit the reset button; try to connect with iPhone and PC.  All with no change - “cannot find the device.” 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
Just to clarify somethings, the middle LED on the base station indicates connection to the internet, it should be solid green and will flicker with internet traffic. What you describe would appear normal.
The cameras use a closed wifi network to the base station for connection and the solid Amber LED indicates that no cameras have been synced to the base. You can manually sync them to the base rather than using the app by bringing the camera near the base station and momentarily pressing the base top button and then the camera top button. If you have a camera charger handy, remove the camera battery and plug the charger in before syncing.
The phone wifi will use the router wifi not the base wifi for connection. Some say using the arlo web portal on a pc browser is better for reconnections.
Further information needed is if you have performed a factory reset of the base station and if so had you removed all devices from the account prior?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Just to clarify somethings, the middle LED on the base station indicates connection to the internet, it should be solid green and will flicker with internet traffic. What you describe would appear normal.
The cameras use a closed wifi network to the base station for connection and the solid Amber LED indicates that no cameras have been synced to the base. You can manually sync them to the base rather than using the app by bringing the camera near the base station and momentarily pressing the base top button and then the camera top button. If you have a camera charger handy, remove the camera battery and plug the charger in before syncing.
The phone wifi will use the router wifi not the base wifi for connection. Some say using the arlo web portal on a pc browser is better for reconnections.
Further information needed is if you have performed a factory reset of the base station and if so had you removed all devices from the account prior?
Scott53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - that worked OK.