Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500r4 disconnect from the router no IP

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ivanuzc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem base station VMB3500r4 disconnect from the router 

Troubleshooting:

I have a arlo VMB3500r4 hub and after a firmware upgrade i had to factory reset to reconnect to my router.  at first work and all cameras connect without a problem  but after a few hours looks like the hub looses connection with the router.   

I have tried different cables (RJ45) on different ports (same problem)

I have tried connecting to mu router and to my extender (same problem)

I have tried several factory resets

I have tried connecting the hub to the router with no cameras added and after a few hours looses connection to the router (same problem)

I have tried set up via laptop and phone (same problem)

Other comments:

when I look for the device on my router or extender the device is not found only after a factory reset the device connects to the router

current firmware 1.18.0.3_1036_d554faf

hardware VMB3500r4

current lights

solid green (power)

internet off 

solid amber (cameras)

any help will be appreciated 

Thanks

Ivan

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It rather sounds like the Ethernet port on the base is the issue, either a poor connector or the Ethernet hardware inside the base. You've tried everything I'd suggest. At this point, you can either attempt to fix it yourself (no other repair is possible) by opening the case and check the physical Ethernet port for proper connections inside the port as well as to the circuitboard or just buy a new base or hub.

Ivanuzc
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks all looks good.  looks like the problem is with the firmware that does not completed installing and fails after a few hours then loses the connection to the router