Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500 Compatible Replacement Base

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JH1987
Follower
Follower

The VMB3500 base station for my early Arlo Netgear wireless cameras is on it's way out. What would be a suitable replacement base/hub that would still be compatible with my older cameras?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JH1987 wrote:

The VMB3500 base station for my early Arlo Netgear wireless cameras is on it's way out. What would be a suitable replacement base/hub that would still be compatible with my older cameras?

All Arlo base stations are compatible with your cameras.

The current bases are the VMB4540 or the VMB5000.  The VMB5000 is generally more expensive, so maybe start with the VMB4540.

Your cameras are on the end-of-life list - while they still will function, there is no guarantee on how long that will continue.  If you replace them with current models, then you'll need an Arlo Secure subscription for cloud storage - the free 7-day cloud storage you have with your legacy cameras isn't included with any of the currently sold cameras.

I'm mentioning this in part because another option you have is to purchase some new cameras instead of a replacement base.  Many of the new cameras can be connected directly to your home wifi (without a base).