Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ncudmore
Tutor
Tutor

Last couple of weeks I've been unable to get the system back on-line.

Previously working fine, but now I find the base station only has two green lights - internet led is off - not orange or green but just off.

I checked my DHCP server and the station has an ip address leased address, and the DHCP options are set for the router, DNS, Domain name etc and these settings work fine for everything else on the same network (Windows and Mac laptops, TV, SKY-Q, Philips Hue etc.)

I tried giving it a reserved IP address and setting the options for a single DNS server and that didn't help.

It was connected to a 10/100 switch (Cisco 2960), but is now connected to a Cisco SG100 gigabit switch - I've tried both again and still no change.  I checked all the vlan settings and that's fine, and there's been no chage to the firewall settings.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would attempt a full reset ( hold in reset for about 10 sec till leds flash ) and bring back as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ncudmore
Tutor
Tutor

Done the reset a couple of times and all I get now is geen power, and orange camera - still no internet connection light showing any colour.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No Internet light at all means the base isn't even communicating with the router. That has to be fixed first. Use a different cable and a different router port. Check the LEDs on the router port as you plug it in to see if anything lights up on that end. A reboot of the router might be useful, too. The problem can be due to the base's port, the cable or the router. If it's the base, open a case with support here.

Once you get a green Internet LED, is the Camera LED still amber? If so, the base needs to be claimed again using the Add Device button on the Devices tab. If that doesn't immediately work, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fres as just described and also sync the cameras.

ncudmore
Tutor
Tutor

I always find it disapointing when dealing with a support and they don't read what has been previously posted.

Given that I stated that the DHCP server is serving the IP address and details, one would assume that the actual network connection is fine.  In addition as previously stated I changed the switch and no change as well as stating that everything else on the network is fine so it is not a router issue.

The router is the internet side of my Cisco ASA firewall which is connected to a Cisco Layer 3 switch which then has a Cisco Layer 2 switch connected which is where the connection to the Arlo base unit is.  As previously stated the Layer 2 switch was swapped out and then the replacement was tested and yet still no 'life' from the Arlo base station.

However, it is perhaps relevent that since this all goes through the ASA firewall which whist being statefull is not UPnP, maybe an update to the fireware on the VMB3010 base station has changed something which now requires new rules on the firewall?

Otherwise I would have to go with there being a fault with the VMB3010.

Harlanq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you fixed this yet? I got same issue with my two VMB3010s. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Harlanq,

Have you tried to restart your Base Station and see if you're able to see the Internet LED light up again? If not, try to also reboot your router and see if that fixes the issue.