Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Mrtownley1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've looked through other posts and am confused. I have the VMB3010r2 base (Firmware 1.17.0.0_1180_6ba79e5)  and the Arlo Pro cameras (Hardware H11 and Firmware 1.5.295). When I try to update the firmware for either, the device settings shows the existing firmware, hardware, and serial number but there's no place to "update" the firmware. Am I missing something, or did Arlo stop supporting these older devices? I am asking because I am not receiving low battery notifications from my cameras and can't figure out how to fix that problem.

VMB3010 2022-01-20_17-50-19.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mrtownley1 wrote:

And yes, I have the cameras with the four batteries. I've always seen them referred to as Pro.

Not sure where you've seen that.  But they aren't Pro cameras, so it would be good to refer to them as Wire-Free in the future.

In any event, you are running the current firmware, so there isn't anything you can do on your own about the lack of the low-battery notifications.

@JamesC :  Is this a known issue?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
I think you have the latest firmware versions already.
Have you tried the same on your mobile app?
How do you normally get the low battery alerts? Push notifications?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mrtownley1 wrote:

I've looked through other posts and am confused. I have the VMB3010r2 base (Firmware 1.17.0.0_1180_6ba79e5)  and the Arlo Pro cameras (Hardware H11 and Firmware 1.5.295). When I try to update the firmware for either, the device settings shows the existing firmware, hardware, and serial number but there's no place to "update" the firmware.

As @Dannybear says, the firmware is already up to date.

But I don't think you have the Pro camera.  It looks like you have the original "Wire-free" - that uses 4 CR123 batteries.

Mrtownley1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't normally get any low battery notifications. I seem to recall having received an occasional email notification, but can't be certain. I've had them for years now and usually just try to monitor battery life through the app. I do get email notifications when the cameras are activated. And yes, I have the cameras with the four batteries. I've always seen them referred to as Pro.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 4 battery cameras are the original wireless ones, definitely not any of the Pro versions which have a dedicated, proprietary rechargeable battery.

Low battery notifications should happen when the batteries drop below 15%.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mrtownley1 wrote:

And yes, I have the cameras with the four batteries. I've always seen them referred to as Pro.

Not sure where you've seen that.  But they aren't Pro cameras, so it would be good to refer to them as Wire-Free in the future.

In any event, you are running the current firmware, so there isn't anything you can do on your own about the lack of the low-battery notifications.

@JamesC :  Is this a known issue?